2018 OC Día del Niño
Arts Orange County, in partnership with Media Arts Santa Ana (MASA) and the OC Fair & Event Center Imaginology, will present the 7th annual Día del Niño/Day of the Child (DDN) family arts festival on Sunday, April 15, 2018 from 10am - 5pm at the OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa. OC Día del Niño celebrates children of all cultures and connects the Orange County community with creative community partners and artists to provide engaging arts experiences and to inspire lifelong participation in the arts.
The theme for this year's event is A Celebration of the Americas / Celebración de las Américas.
Organizations and artists are invited to submit an application to perform at Día del Niño.
Día del Niño performances shall serve the following outcomes:
- Performances will be child-friendly in one of three ways: 1) have children as primary performers 2) engage children actively in the performance through games, audience participation or on-stage interactions, and/or 3) be themed and geared towards a child's perspective.
- Performances that emphasize the importance of a multicultural community are preferred. This could be evidenced by an integrated performance troupe, styles of performance, or additional cultural sensitivities.
- The Día Del Niño theme (A Celebration of the Americas) is an important component of the day. Performances that reflect or include this as part of their performance are preferred.
- Performances should provide a positive, active experience for children, and enable all children to envision themselves as possible and potential performers.
- Performances that feature local artists from the community are preferred.
- Performances that connect children with local resources to learn more and become performers themselves through open classes or workshops are preferred.
Please be sure to address each of these criteria in your application.
The submission deadline is Friday, March 2, 2018. Applicants will be notified by March 10.