Día del Niño 2017
Request for Proposals
Arts Orange County, in partnership with El Centro Cultural de México, will present the 6th annual Día del Niño/Day of the Child (DDN) family arts festival on Sunday, April 30th 10am-3pm at Birch Park in Santa Ana. Día del Niño’s purpose is to connect the Santa Ana community with creative community partners and artists through highly engaging arts experiences. Participants will celebrate the message that children have important rights which include being given opportunities to develop their natural creativity. This year's theme is "Carrusel de la Esperanza/ Carousel of Hope".
Organizations and artists are invited to submit proposals to participate in Día del Niño.
Opportunities to participate include: Conducting a workshop on the day of the festival; Conducting workshops before the festival which culminate in the presentation of work on the day of the festival; Conducting workshops after the festival to provide festival participants with an extended opportunity to deepen their engagement in and understanding of the arts; or performing on stage during the festival.
Día del Niño workshops shall serve the following outcomes:
- Participant identifies her/his artistic experiences to have been hands-on, rather than passive;
- Participant understands what is involved in the creative process and wants to experience more of the same;
- Participant sees her/himself as creative and capable of meaningful participation regardless of skill level;
- Participant experiences a sense of self-satisfaction and can articulate what aspects appealed to her/him (i.e. working with others, trying something new, etc.);
- Participant wants to know where to go to learn the skills of creating her/his own art;
- Participant feels that her/his experience successfully captured the tradition of the Día del Niño in a meaningful and important way.
Please fill out the following proposal form by completing as much of the form as possible. The submission deadline is February 24th, 2017. Applicants will be notified by the end of February.